Kimichi School’s second Ofsted inspection
At Kimichi School we’re very proud to announce that we’ve passed our second Ofsted Inspection with ‘Good’ in every category.
It truly is a celebration of all that we strive to achieve at Kimichi; to develop a music-based centre of learning that inspires and educates our young people. We aspire for all of our students to leave us confident, academically awarded and socially confident to take on the challenges on life after school.
We could sing about our highlights all day long! And the inspectors did too. They judged that:
- ‘The school’s exciting and dynamic environment inspires all pupils to learn. Classrooms are calm and enable purposeful learning to take place.’
- ‘Pupils are committed to the success of the school; they work together to ensure that each pupil has respect for the staff and each other so that behaviour overall is exemplary’
- ‘Teaching takes account of pupils’ different abilities within small groups and teachers set work at the appropriate level so that pupils achieve well..’
- ‘The individualised approach to learning and the quality of relationships with staff ensure that pupils are well supported’
- ‘A culture of high expectations for pupils to achieve and the teaching of skills across the curriculum underpin good outcomes. ’
- ‘Individual talents are nurtured and developed very well so that the most able are achieving well above others of their age in English, history, mathematics and science.’
Inspectors recognised that we have a very clear and ambitious vision for the school and our students. Our teachers have been applauded for the individual attention each student receives, to carefully and continuously check understanding of what they are learning through excellent questioning and explanations. Teamwork between members of staff has been highlighted as a reason for student achievement.
We pride ourselves on providing a home-from-home atmosphere, and the inspectors recognised we have a very strong personal, social and health education programme that includes involvement in community projects; our ‘students are very well prepared for life in modern Britain’.
The key role of music in Kimichi School was duly noted with our students playing to a high level. We’re proud to be acknowledged for our community and charity events, with our students sharing their musical talents in workshops and performances.
‘The teaching of music is a particular strength and students make excellent progress whatever their starting points on entry.’
We’re over the moon that our students’ love of music and the expert teaching they receive was highly commended. Students were observed ‘to show great determination to improve their own performance further’ and how the ‘determination they show transfers into their attitudes and concentration in other subjects.’
An inspection acts as a springboard for academic improvement and I’m determined every student will succeed and have access to music education. At Kimichi School we will continue to improve all areas of learning and access to educational resources, while developing the minds of our young adults.