Keeping Our Community Safe
As we return to School for the start of the new academic year, please note that visitors to campus are permitted strictly by appointment only, and only when your visit is essential for the education, health or wellbeing of a child or to carry out essential urgent maintenance on school property – non urgent maintenance should be carried out when children are not present in school.
If you are visiting our School with an appointment, please make sure that:
• You sign in on arrival
• You wash and/or sanitise your hands when you arrive and as necessary during your visit
• You carry a mask or face covering and wear it as required
• You maintain a safe distance (at least 1 metre, and ideally two meters) from other people at all times
We have comprehensive processes in place to keep our community safe. Further details are available on request, but key points include:
We have developed a clear protocol and provision in the event of a member of staff or pupil presenting with COVID-19 symptoms while at school. This includes clearly defined safe areas for isolation until an individual can safely travel home.
We have put in place enhanced hand cleaning facilities. This includes hand gel at all external entry points and to all classrooms.
We are asking all visitors to wear masks in corridors, on school buses, and other shared areas. Masks are optional for staff and students.
We have put in place a comprehensive communications plan, delivered through posters across the site and verbal reminders from staff, to ensure good hand and respiratory hygiene.
We have significantly enhanced cleaning provision.
We currently exist discretely as one “bubble”, to help minimise any unnecessary contact and enable us to track any close contacts quickly if need arises.
We are enforcing social distancing: verbal reminders and posters are reiterating the messaging, classrooms and dining rooms have been laid out to minimise face to face contact, and physical reminders such as barriers are in place to minimise inadvertent contact.
We have strict controls in place to ensure parents/carers do not come into school unless it is essential, and by appointment only.
All staff have completed safety training in respect of Covid-19.
How You Can Help Us:
Limiting the spread of infection is everyone’s responsibility. You can help us to keep our community safe by:
• Washing your hands frequently, with soap and water.
• Using tissues (or the crook of your elbow) whenever you need to cough or sneeze, disposing safely of your used tissues and washing your hands immediately.
• Staying at least 2m apart from other people, and encouraging your children to do the same.
• Staying away from School if you have symptoms, have tested positive for Covid-19, or have been in close contact with a confirmed case, in line with Government guidance.
• Respecting and supporting all of the safety measures that we have put in place.